We are doing our bit to contribute to a better, more sustainable world.
At ReNu Energy, we walk the talk. Just like the companies we invest in, we’re also doing our bit to ensure we leave the planet and its inhabitants better than we found it with sustainable development at the heart of what we do. We take our social, environmental, and economic responsibilities very seriously.
We strive to achieve and maintain the highest standards of health, safety, and environmental performance at our operations, while working in partnership with the local community for mutual benefit.
We are committed to:
- Balancing the economic, social, and environmental demands of all our activities
- Providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, contractors, and visitors at our places of work
- Minimising our impact on the environment, with the protection of all aspects of the environment a priority
- Excellence with respect to both our environmental performance and community participation in our activities
Health and Safety Performance
It is our belief that nothing is so important that it cannot be done safely.
The health and safety of employees, customers, partners, contractors and visitors to our sites and workplaces is of paramount importance. We have a strong commitment to continuously improving our safety performance through a risk management framework that identifies systems, processes and procedures that need strengthening.
To ensure we provide the safest workplace and minimise our impact on the environment, we place strong emphasis on hazard identification, risk assessment and risk management across all our operations.
We genuinely care for the environment that we operate in.
We are committed to the effective environmental management of everything we do to minimise the impact on local communities, the natural landscape, waterways, flora, and fauna.
Our environmental principles are to:
- Maintain and continually improve our Environmental Management System
- Comply with all relevant laws, regulations and standards and aspire to delivering higher standards
- Ensure that all employees and contractors receive appropriate training to fulfil their individual environmental responsibilities
- Ensure that we have the necessary resources and skills to achieve our environmental commitments
- Develop and implement strategies to minimise pollution, manage waste effectively; use water and energy efficiently while addressing all relevant cultural heritage and biodiversity issues
- Require that companies providing contract services must manage their environmental performance in line with our Environment Policy
- Work towards the achievement of a high level of external recognition for the quality of our on-site environmental management
We’re conscious of the impact our operations might have on our communities, so we work hand in hand with them on our journey toward a sustainable future.
Community expectations are at the heart of our decisions, and we conduct our operations within the ambit of regulatory requirements, standards and codes of practice.